Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms carefully, and print and keep a copy of them for your reference.
This website is owned and operated by Kingstown Associates Limited, Wadsworth Road, Kelleythorpe Industrial Estate, Driffied, YO25 9DJ.
If you need to contact us, please email. Alternatively you can call us using the following telephone numbers:
For enquiries Customer Services on 01377 249889.
VAT number: 927558976
Company registration number: 6742414
Making a contract with us
When you place an order with us, you are making an offer to buy goods. We will send you an e-mail to confirm that we have received and accept your order, and that a contract has been made between us.
In the unlikely event that the goods are no longer available, we may provide you with a refund or supply you with substitute goods. If you decide not to accept the substitute goods, you will not have to pay to return them to us.
When you place an order with us we automatically add you to our subscriber list for our e-mail campaigns. This is so you can beaware of our latest offers and exclusive deals. If you do not wish to receive e-mails then please email.
How to place an order
Adding Items to your shopping basket
- Finding the product you wish to purchase:
- Use the sections at the top of the screen to navigate to the various product categories or....
- Enter a key word or our product code if you have our catalogue in the 'I'm looking for....' box at the top of the screen screen & click the search icon.
- Add an item to your shopping basket by clicking the 'Add to Basket' button - remember to select any Quantity, Colour, or Size options from the options first.
- When you add an item you will get a popup message saying it has been added to your basket.
- At this point you may select continue shopping or the message will fade after a few seconds.
- When you have finished shopping click the Basket the top of the screen, or hover over it and then click 'View Shopping Basket'
- When checking out you will be asked to sign in:
- Existing customers enter your email address and password and click 'Sign In' - there is help if you have forgotten your password. The password will be emailed to the account used during set up.
- New customers click the 'Create A New Account' button & follow the on screen instructions
- After signing in follow the on screen instructions to:
- Select the shipping address or add another
- Enter your media code, if you have one, and once done click
- Continue to payment where you can add your card details using Sagepay's Secure online payment system.
Our ‘Standard‘ delivery is £4.99 no matter how large your order.
Standard delivery is available to all UK addresses including Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles and the Channel Islands.
Orders are dispatched via our couriers ‘Hermes‘ usually within 72 hours and normally delivered to your door within 7-14 days from date of placing. We offer free delivery insurance covering your parcel for loss or damage during transit.
Our ‘Express/Next Day‘ delivery is £9.99 and available on selected lines. Orders received before 2pm weekdays are despatched to our couriers same day and we guarantee delivery within 48 hours of you placing your order. This service is only available to Mainland UK addresses.
We regret we are currently unable to deliver any service to Eire.
Any problems at all with your delivery, please contact us in the first instance 01377 249889.
Cancellation and returns
You can cancel your contract at any time up to 14 working days after the day of delivery. Under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Additional Charges & Cancellation) Regulations 2013 you have a 14 day period following the day after delivery in which to cancel this contract. To do this, please email us or write to us at: Healthy Living Direct, PO Box 98, Driffield, YO25 9DJ.
You do not have to give any reason for cancellation. However, a brief explanation will help us to improve the service we offer to customers in the future.
If you cancel, you must return the goods to us at your own expense. You must ensure that the goods are packaged adequately to protect against damage.
If you fail to take reasonable care of goods before they are returned to us, and this results in damage or deterioration, we will charge you for the reduction in value.
This cancellation policy does not affect your legal rights - for example, if goods are faulty or misdescribed.
If there is a problem with the goods, please contact us. We will deal with the matter in accordance with your legal rights.
- Kingstown Associates respects the privacy of the users of our Services and Website.
- We adhere to a strict "no-spam" policy, meaning that you must sign up for one of our Services or request information from us before you receive any e-mail communication from us.
- We will not sell, rent or loan any personal data regarding our customers to another company or entity for marketing purposes.
- We apply the data protection principles found in the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act").
Collection of Data from our Clients
- In order for us to process your order we may require some standard information from you such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, credit card number and telephone number.
- The relevant data is then used by us to communicate with you on any matter relating to your account. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of your identity before we are able to disclose personal data to you.
- We may also use aggregate data and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop our Website may provide such aggregate data to third parties. These statistics will not include data that can be used to identify any individual.
It is our policy that your data is private and confidential
- The personal data you provide to us is treated by us as private and confidential and is stored by us in a secure location, is accessible only by designated staff, and is used only for the purposes for which you provide the data. When you submit an order, your data is encrypted with secure server software to protect the data from unauthorized access. We will not sell any personal data you provide to us to another entity.
- We may disclose personal data in the following circumstances:
- to the extent that it is available through the provision of our Services (notwithstanding that phone numbers, fax numbers, email addresses and postal addresses are not disclosed)
- to comply with a court order; if we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to identify persons violating the law;
- If such disclosure is required under or authorized by law (to police, trading standards units, HM Customs and Revenue, the Office of Fair Trading and other law enforcement bodies that require the data for their investigations;) and other third parties with valid reasons under the Act.
- You have various rights under the Act, including upon a written request to us, to receive a description of the personal data held by us of which you are subject, the purpose for which the data is processed and the third parties or class of third parties to whom the data may be disclosed.
Computer Tracking of Identifiable Data
Third Party Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. These cookies are placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisations.
The only time these cookies would enable us to share personal information such as your name, address, telephone or email is when you have given consent for your personal information to be passed on to trusted third parties.
We currently use third party targeting cookies or advertising cookies provided by the following advertising partners. You can find out more information about these cookies and the opt-out details by clicking the following links:
- Sub2 Co-operative Cookie (V1V9): https://webservices.sub2tech.com/optout/2S_TC_optout.aspx
Updating your details
- We are committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about our customers. If any of the data that you have provided to Kingstown Associates changes, for example if you change your email address, name or payment details or if you wish to cancel your subscription please let us know the correct details by sending an email.
Updates and Special Offers
- We may occasionally notify you of new services and special offers via e-mail or postal mail. If you would rather not receive any updates from us, please send a request to opt-out of receiving these promotional mailings by sending an email.
How to contact Kingstown Associates
Prize Draw & Cash Reserve Promotion Terms and Conditions
For current prize draw or cash reserve promotion terms and conditions please click here.
For information on winners in 2015 please click here.
Recycling Waste, Electrical and Electronic Equipment
You can now recycle your old electricals with us. If you're buying a new electrical item, we will recycle your old one for free.
Unwanted electrical equipment is the UKs fastest growing type of waste.
Many electrical items can be repaired or recycled, saving natural resources and the environment. If you do not recycle, electrical equipment will end up in landfill where hazardous substances will leak out and cause soil and water contamination - harming wildlife and also human health.
We can help
We are pleased to offer our customers the chance to recycle their old electrical items.
You can return your old electrical items to: PO Box 98, Driffield, YO25 9WX
To remind you that old electrical equipment can be recycled, it is now marked with a crossed-out wheeled bin symbol. Please do not throw any electrical equipment (including those marked with this symbol) in your bin
If you have any questions about this scheme, just ask a member of our customer services staff by calling 01377 249889.
What is WEEE?
The Waste Electrical or Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive requires countries to maximise separate collection and environmentally friendly processing of these items. In the UK, distributors (including retailers) must provide a system which allows all customers buying new electrical equipment the opportunity to recycle their old items free of charge. Those establishing their own take-back scheme must as a minimum offer all customers buying new electrical equipment free take back of their old electricals on a like-for-like basis.
Find more information on WEEE recycling, and locate your local recycling centre, at the https://www.recyclenow.com/ website.
WEEE Registration Number: WEEECD01/0047
Waste Batteries Regulations
Under the Waste Battery Regulations, we are now offering a take back scheme for all portable waste batteries. You can return your waste batteries to our business premises in person at Kingstown Associates Ltd, Wadsworth Road, Kelleythorpe Industrial Estate, Driffield, YO25 9DJ (please do not post).
Alternatively, you can find your local waste portable battery recycling facility at https://www.recyclenow.com/
Most supermarkets and shops that sell batteries will have collection bins for used batteries, and some town halls, libraries or schools may also set up collection points. End-users may find stores in their local area more accessible.