Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms carefully, and print and keep a copy of them for your reference.
This website is owned and operated by Kingstown Associates Limited, Wadsworth Road, Kelleythorpe Industrial Estate, Driffied, YO25 9DJ.
If you need to contact us, please email. Alternatively you can call us using the following telephone numbers:
For enquiries Customer Services on 01377 249889.
VAT number: 927558976
Company registration number: 6742414
Making a contract with us
When you place an order with us, you are making an offer to buy goods. We will send you an e-mail to confirm that we have received and accept your order, and that a contract has been made between us.
In the unlikely event that the goods are no longer available, we may provide you with a refund or supply you with substitute goods. If you decide not to accept the substitute goods, you will not have to pay to return them to us.
When you place an order with us we automatically add you to our subscriber list for our e-mail campaigns. This is so you can beaware of our latest offers and exclusive deals. If you do not wish to receive e-mails then please email.
How to place an order
Adding Items to your shopping basket
- Finding the product you wish to purchase:
- Use the sections at the top of the screen to navigate to the various product categories or....
- Enter a key word or our product code if you have our catalogue in the 'I'm looking for....' box at the top of the screen screen & click the search icon.
- Add an item to your shopping basket by clicking the 'Add to Basket' button - remember to select any Quantity, Colour, or Size options from the options first.
- When you add an item you will get a popup message saying it has been added to your basket.
- At this point you may select continue shopping or the message will fade after a few seconds.
- When you have finished shopping click the Basket the top of the screen, or hover over it and then click 'View Shopping Basket'
- When checking out you will be asked to sign in:
- Existing customers enter your email address and password and click 'Sign In' - there is help if you have forgotten your password. The password will be emailed to the account used during set up.
- New customers click the 'Create A New Account' button & follow the on screen instructions
- After signing in follow the on screen instructions to:
- Select the shipping address or add another
- Enter your media code, if you have one, and once done click
- Continue to payment where you can add your card details using Sagepay's Secure online payment system.
Our ‘Standard‘ delivery is £4.99 no matter how large your order.
Standard delivery is available to all UK addresses including Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles and the Channel Islands.
Orders are dispatched via our couriers ‘Hermes‘ usually within 72 hours and normally delivered to your door within 7-14 days from date of placing. We offer free delivery insurance covering your parcel for loss or damage during transit.
Our ‘Express/Next Day‘ delivery is £9.99 and available on selected lines. Orders received before 2pm weekdays are despatched to our couriers same day and we guarantee delivery within 48 hours of you placing your order. This service is only available to Mainland UK addresses.
We regret we are currently unable to deliver any service to Eire.
Any problems at all with your delivery, please contact us in the first instance 01377 249889.
Cancellation and Returns
You can cancel your contract at any time up to 14 working days after the day of delivery. Under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Additional Charges & Cancellation) Regulations 2013 you have a 14 day period following the day after delivery in which to cancel this contract. To do this, please email us or write to us at: Healthy Living Direct, PO Box 98, Driffield, YO25 9DJ.
You do not have to give any reason for cancellation. However, a brief explanation will help us to improve the service we offer to customers in the future.
If you cancel, you must return the goods to us at your own expense. You must ensure that the goods are packaged adequately to protect against damage.
If you fail to take reasonable care of goods before they are returned to us, and this results in damage or deterioration, we will charge you for the reduction in value.
Please be aware returns can take up to 28 days to complete processing.
This cancellation policy does not affect your legal rights - for example, if goods are faulty or misdescribed.
If there is a problem with the goods, please contact us. We will deal with the matter in accordance with your legal rights.
We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Who we are
Kingstown Associates Limited, trading as Healthy Living Direct, Fashion Friendly, Garden Ability, Housewares Direct, All the Very Best, Affordable Choices, Love 4 Life, Craft and Hobby Catalogue collects, Sparkling Touches, Kingstown Home Textiles, Estrella, Rewind, Comfort Living, Home Independence and Driffield Outlet, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The personal information we collect and use
Information collected by us
In the course of supplying goods to consumers we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
- names of persons placing orders, delivery address, financial data including how you pay for goods, order history, things you like to buy and details of competitions you may have entered (or won) which have been run by us
We also obtain personal information from other sources as follows:
- Epsilon Abacus (registered as Epsilon International UK Ltd), a company that manages the Abacus Alliance on behalf of UK retailers. The participating retailers are active in the clothing, collectables, food & wine, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods, and home interiors categories. They share information on what their customers buy. Epsilon Abacus analyses this pooled information to help the retailers understand consumers’ wider buying patterns. From this information, retailers can tailor their communications, sending people suitable offers that should be of interest to them, based on what they like to buy.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information described above to:
- supply you with any goods which you have ordered from us
- manage your account with us
- run any competitions or promotions which we (or our trusted retail partners) think may be of interest to you
- communicate with you about offers or promotions which we run from time to time
- keep you up to date with the goods which we offer from time to time
- let you know about goods offered by our trusted retailer partners (By trusted retail partners, we mean companies operating in the clothing, collectables, food & wine, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods, and home interiors categories)
- Our communications are designed to tell you about the benefits we can offer, so that you have exclusive access to our best deals. We (and Epsilon Abacus) use the information we (and they) have about you to tailor the content and try to ensure that the offers by us, and trusted retail partners are as relevant to you as possible.
- If you would like to stop all unsolicited postal communications, we suggest that you register with the Mailing Preference Service (MPS). MPS is a free service set up in 1983 and funded by the direct mail industry to enable consumers to have their names and home addresses in the UK removed from lists used by the industry. It is actively supported by the Royal Mail and all directly involved trade associations and fully supported by The Information Commissioners Office (ICO). For more information or if you wish to register with the MPS please visit their website www.mpsonline.org.uk
Who we share your personal information with
We share your name and delivery address details with our third-party suppliers, including suppliers who delivery goods to you, run our promotions and competitions or manage our communications with you.
- Sunline Direct Mail Ltd: They process name, address and mailing preference details only to enable them to mail out our postal communications (catalogues) on our behalf through Royal Mail and any other recognised mail carrier.
- Hermes Parcelnet Ltd: They process name and address only to enable them to despatch the goods you ordered directly to you and contact you should there be a delivery query.
- dotDigital Group PLC: They process name, address and email address. This allows them to tell us when you amend your email preferences and allows us to action any change quickly and efficiently.
- Epsilon Abacus (registered as Epsilon International UK Ltd): They process name, address, mailing preferences and purchase history for the purpose of sharing in the Abacus Alliance. For more information on how Epsilon Abacus use the data see above.
Epsilon Abacus may transfer your data outside the EEA. The transfer will take place in the presence of appropriate safeguards, including standard data protection clauses adopted by the EU Commission. If you would like more information, please call us on 01377 249889, write to us at our address below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may also share data (Name & Address only) directly with other trusted retailers in the clothing, collectables, food & wine, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods, home interiors sectors and UK charities. If data is shared it is done so on a one time only basis and the company or organisation are not entitled to store your data for further use unless you engage with them.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
The provision of your name, address, delivery address and how you pay for goods payment is required from you to enable us to fulfil any orders you place with us and manage our database. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
How long your personal information will be kept
- We will hold your name, address payment method and contact details) for the period we are required to retain this information by applicable UK tax law (currently 6 years)
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We rely on legitimate interests as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data. Our legitimate interests are the ability to manage your account, orders you have placed with us, pass your data to our partners for marketing goods which may be of interest to you and to notify you of promotions, goods, or competitions which may be of interest to you.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us and let us have enough information to identify you including your name and address,
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email communications from us you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email. It may take up to 7 days for this to take place.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to Complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published on 24/05/18 and last updated on 24/05/18.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform by replacing the notice on our website.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us please send an email to email@example.com, write to Data Controller, Healthy Living Direct, Wadsworth Road, Kelleythorpe Industrial Estate, Driffield, YO25 9DJ or call 01377 249889.
How long we keep your data for
As a retailer, we are fortunate to have loyal customers who purchase our products over many years. To serve our customers in the best possible manner and to continue to inform them about new products and services we have decided to retain customer data for 10 years after the last purchase date.
Do you need extra help?
If you would like this notice in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us (see ‘How to contact us’ above).
Third Party Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies
- These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. These cookies are placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisations.
- The only time these cookies would enable us to share personal information such as your name, address, telephone or email is when you have given consent for your personal information to be passed on to trusted third parties.
- Our communications are designed to tell you about the benefits we can offer so that you have access to our best deals. We use the information we have about you to tailor the content and try to ensure that the offers are as relevant to you as possible. Under the Data Protection Legislation, this might qualify as profiling. If you do not wish us to use your data for this purpose, please call on 01377 249889, write to us at Kingstown Associates Ltd, Wadsworth Road, Kelleythorpe Industrial Estate, Driffield, YO25 9DJ or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We currently use third party targeting cookies or advertising cookies provided by the following advertising partners.
List of Third Party Cookies
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|_ga||Used to distinguish users|
|_gid||Used to distinguish users|
|_gat||Used to throttle request rate|
|AMP_TOKEN||Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. Other possible values indicate opt-out, inflight request or an error retrieving a Client ID from AMP Client ID service|
|_gac_||Contains campaign related information for the user. Read More|
Prize Draw & Cash Reserve Promotion Terms and Conditions
For current prize draw or cash reserve promotion terms and conditions please click here.
Recycling Waste, Electrical and Electronic Equipment
You can now recycle your old electricals with us. If you're buying a new electrical item, we will recycle your old one for free.
Unwanted electrical equipment is the UKs fastest growing type of waste.
Many electrical items can be repaired or recycled, saving natural resources and the environment. If you do not recycle, electrical equipment will end up in landfill where hazardous substances will leak out and cause soil and water contamination - harming wildlife and also human health.
We can help
We are pleased to offer our customers the chance to recycle their old electrical items.
You can return your old electrical items to: PO Box 98, Driffield, YO25 9WX
To remind you that old electrical equipment can be recycled, it is now marked with a crossed-out wheeled bin symbol. Please do not throw any electrical equipment (including those marked with this symbol) in your bin
If you have any questions about this scheme, just ask a member of our customer services staff by calling 01377 249889.
What is WEEE?
The Waste Electrical or Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive requires countries to maximise separate collection and environmentally friendly processing of these items. In the UK, distributors (including retailers) must provide a system which allows all customers buying new electrical equipment the opportunity to recycle their old items free of charge. Those establishing their own take-back scheme must as a minimum offer all customers buying new electrical equipment free take back of their old electricals on a like-for-like basis.
Find more information on WEEE recycling, and locate your local recycling centre, at the https://www.recyclenow.com/ website.
WEEE Registration Number: WEEECD01/0047
Waste Batteries Regulations
Under the Waste Battery Regulations, we are now offering a take back scheme for all portable waste batteries. You can return your waste batteries to our business premises in person at Kingstown Associates Ltd, Wadsworth Road, Kelleythorpe Industrial Estate, Driffield, YO25 9DJ (please do not post).
Alternatively, you can find your local waste portable battery recycling facility at https://www.recyclenow.com/
Most supermarkets and shops that sell batteries will have collection bins for used batteries, and some town halls, libraries or schools may also set up collection points. End-users may find stores in their local area more accessible.