Terms And Conditions
Please read these terms carefully, and print and keep a copy of them for your reference.
This website is owned and operated by Kingstown Associates Limited, Wadsworth Road, Kelleythorpe Industrial Estate, Driffied, YO25 9DJ.
If you need to contact us, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call customer services on 0871 472 4266. (calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras)
VAT number: 927558976
Company registration number: 6742414
Making a contract with us
When you place an order with us, you are making an offer to buy goods. We will send you an e-mail to confirm that we have received and accept your order, and that a contract has been made between us.
In the unlikely event that the goods are no longer available, we may provide you with a refund or supply you with substitute goods. If you decide not to accept the substitute goods, you will not have to pay to return them to us.
How to place an order
Adding Items to your shopping bag:
- Finding the product you wish to purchase:
- Use the sections down the left hand side of the screen to navigate to the various product categories or…
- Enter a key word or our product code if you have our catalogue in the ‘Product Search’ box on the left hand side of the screen & click ‘Go’
- Add an item to your shopping bag by clicking the ‘Add to Shopping Bag’ button – remember to select any Quantity, Colour, or Size options from the drop box first.
- When you add an item you will get a message at the top saying it has been added to your shopping bag.
- At this point you may select continue shopping or the message will fade after a few seconds.
- When you have finished shopping click ‘View Shopping Bag’ or ‘Checkout’ at the top of the screen.
- When checking out you will be asked to sign in:
- Existing customers enter your email address and password and click ‘Sign In’ - there is help if you have forgotten your password. The password will be emailed to the account used during set up.
- New customers click the ‘Create A New Account’ button & follow the on screen instructions
- After signing in follow the on screen instructions to:
- Select the shipping address or add another
- Enter your media code, if you have one, and once done click
- Continue to payment where you can add your card details using Sagepay’s Secure online payment system.
Our delivery charges are as follows:
UK Mainland: £4.99
Northern Ireland & Isle of Man: £7.99
We regret we are unable to deliver to Eire & Channel Islands
Orders are usually despatched from our warehouse within 72 hours.
Parcels are sent out using our nominated carrier and normally delivered to your door within 7 days of leaving our warehouse. For your added confidence and convenience, our standard UK mainland postage & packing charge includes free insurance covering any loss or damage to your goods in transit.
If the goods are lost or damaged in transit, please let us know promptly.
Cancellation and returns
You can cancel your contract at any time up to 7 working days after the day of delivery. To do this, please e-mail us or write to us.
You do not have to give any reason for cancellation. However, a brief explanation will help us to improve the service we offer to customers in the future.
If you cancel, you must return the goods to us at your own expense. You must ensure that the goods are packaged adequately to protect against damage.
If you fail to take reasonable care of goods before they are returned to us, and this results in damage or deterioration, we will charge you for the reduction in value.
This cancellation policy does not affect your legal rights – for example, if goods are faulty or misdescribed.
If there is a problem with the goods, please contact us. We will deal with the matter in accordance with your legal rights.
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment
You can now recycle your old electricals with us.
If you’re buying a new electrical item, we will recycle your old one for free
Unwanted electrical equipment is the UKs fastest growing type of waste.
Many electrical items can be repaired or recycled, saving natural resources and the environment. If you do not recycle, electrical equipment will end up in landfill where hazardous substances will leak out and cause soil and water contamination – harming wildlife and also human health.
We can help
We are pleased to offer our customers the chance to recycle their old electrical items.
You can return your old electrical items to: PO Box 98, Driffield, YO25 9WX
To remind you that old electrical equipment can be recycled, it is now marked with a crossed-out wheeled bin symbol. Please do not throw any electrical equipment (including those marked with this symbol) in your bin
If you have any questions about this scheme, just ask a member of our customer services staff by calling 0871 472 4266. (calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras)
What is WEEE?
The Waste Electrical or Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive requires countries to maximise separate collection and environmentally friendly processing of these items. In the UK, distributors (including retailers) must provide a system which allows all customers buying new electrical equipment the opportunity to recycle their old items free of charge. Those establishing their own take-back scheme must as a minimum offer all customers buying new electrical equipment free take back of their old electricals on a like-for-like basis.
Find more information on WEEE recycling, and locate your local recycling centre, at the http://www.recyclenow.com/ website.
Waste Batteries Regulations
Under the Waste Battery Regulations, we are now offering a take back scheme for all portable waste batteries. You can return your waste batteries to our business premises in person at Kingstown Associates Ltd, Wadsworth Road, Kelleythorpe Industrial Estate, Driffield, YO25 9DJ (please do not post).
Alternatively, you can find your local waste portable battery recycling facility at www.recyclenow.com
Most supermarkets and shops that sell batteries will have collection bins for used batteries, and some town halls, libraries or schools may also set up collection points. End-users may find stores in their local area more accessible.